In this article
UK Research Snapshot
UK Digital Music Research outputA survey was carried out in 2005 by the DMRN to establish what research group leaders considered to be indicative of their current activity and direction. This survey differed from the 2003 survey. This second shorter survey asked for a small representative cross section of work that characterized the work of each research group.
Information gathered from both the 2003 and 2005 surveys about published work in digital music research is collated below.
University of Plymouth, ICCMR
- Martins, J. M. and Miranda, E. R. (2006). "Evolution of Rhythms in a Virtual Culture", Proceedings of EvoMUSART 2006, Budapest, Hungary.
- Miranda, E. R. (2006). "Artificial Phonology: On Synthesising Disenbodied Humanoid Voice for Composing Music with Surreal Languages", Leonardo Music Journal, Vol. 15.
- Coutinho, E., Miranda, E. R. and Cangelosi, A. (2005). "Towards a Model for Embodied Emotions", Proceedings of Workshop on Affective Computing - 12th Portuguese Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Covilha, Portugal.
- Gimenes, M., Miranda, E. R. and Johnson, C. (2005). "On the Learning Stages of an Intelligent Rhythmic Generator", Proceedings of Sound and Music Computing 05, Salerno, Italy.
- Livingstone, D. and Miranda, E. R. (2005). "Orb3 - Musical Robots within an Adaptive Social Composition System", Proceedings of International Computer Music Conference (ICMC05), Barcelona, Spain.
- Miranda, E. R. and Zhang, Q. (2005). "Composition as Game Strategy: Making Music with Board Games", Proceedings of International Computer Music Conference (ICMC05), Barcelona, Spain.
- Wooller, R., Brown, A., Diederich, J., Miranda, E. R. and Berry, R. (2005). "A framework for comparison of process in algorithmic music systems", Proceedings of the Generative Arts Practice - A Creativity & Cognition Symposium, Sydney, Australia.
- Miranda, E. R. and Brouse, A. (2005). "Interfacing the Brain Directly with Musical Systems: On developing systems for making music with brain signals", Leonardo, 38(4):331-336.
- Miranda, E. R. and Matthias, J. (2005). "Granular Sampling using a Pulse-Coupled Network of Spiking Neurons", In F. Rothlauf et al. (Eds.) EvoWorkshops 2005, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3449, pp. 539-544.Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Miranda, E. R. (2004). "At the Crossroads of Evolutionary Computation and Music: Self-Programming Synthesizers, Swarm Orchestras and the Origins of Melody", Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 12, No. 2. pp. 137-158.
- Miranda, E. R., Roberts, S. and Stokes, M. (2004). "On Generating EEG for Controlling Musical Systems", Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 75-76.
- Miranda, E. R. (2003). "On the evolution of music in a society of self-taught digital creatures", Digital Creativity, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 29-42.
- Miranda, E. R., Sharman, K., Kilborn, K., Duncan, A. (2003). "On Harnessing the Electroencephalogram for the Musical Braincap", Computer Music Journal, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 80-102.
- Westerman, G. and Miranda, E. R. (2003). "Modeling the Development of Mirror Neurons for Auditory-Motor Integration", Journal of New Music Research, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 367-375.
- Miranda, E. R., (2002). "Generating Source Streams for Extralinguistic Utterances", Journal of the Audio Engineering Society (AES), Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 165-172.
- Miranda, E. R., Correa, J. S., Wright, J. (2000). "Categorising Complex Dynamic Sounds", Organised Sound, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 95-102.
- Hill, S., Holland, S. and Laney, R. (2004) Applying Aspect-Oriented Programming to Music Computing, in Proceedings of AFIM/AIMI International Conference Sound & Music Computing, Paris, Oct 2004.
- Seago, A, Holland, S. and Mulholland, P. (2004) A Critical Analysis of Synthesizer User Interfaces for Timbre, People and Computers - XVIII Proceedings of British HCI Group Annual Conference Sept 2004, Springer Verlag, London.pp 105- 106.
- Truman, S.M, Mulholland, P & Badii, A (2005) A Creative Alternative to Music Notation: Exploiting Visual Metaphors to Encourage Musical Creativity in School Aged Children. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Musical Understanding, pp 47 - 48. School of Education and Lifelong Learning. University of Exeter. 5th - 9th April
- Seddon, F.A. and O'Neill, S.A. (2004) 'The application of Q-methodology to the study of criteria used by adolescents in the evaluation of their musical compositions' Musicae Scientiae, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 207-229.
University of Cambridge
- Davy, M., Godsill, SJ. (2003) Bayesian harmonic models for musical signal analysis (with discussion). In J.M. Bernardo, J.O. Berger, A.P. Dawid, and A.F.M. Smith, editors, Bayesian Statistics VII. Oxford University Press
- Wolfe, PJ, Godsill, S.J.,Ng, NJ (2004). Bayesian variable selection and regularisation for time-frequency surface estimation. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B. Read paper (with discussion).
- T. Cemgil, T, Godsill, SJ (2005) Efficient variational inference for the dynamic harmonic model. In Proc. of IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics, New Paltz, NY, October.
University of Sheffield, MISTRES
- Upton, K., Eaglestone, B., Ford, N. (2005) The compositional processes ofelectroacoustic composers: four contrasting perspectives International Computer Music Conference, Barcelona.
- Eggink, J., Brown, G. J (2004) Instrument recognition in accompanied sonatas and concertos. Proceedings of the International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP-2004), Montreal, 17th-21st May, pp217-220.
- Dahan K, Brown G, Eaglestone BM (2003) New Strategies for Computer-Assisted Composition Software: A Perspectiove. Proceedings of the International Computer Music Conference, Singapore, SuviSoft Oy Ltd (ed) International Computer Music Association and National University of Singapore, ISBN 0-9713192-1-9, pp275-282.
- Nuhns R, Eaglestone BM, Ford N, Moore A, Brown:G (2002) A qualitative analysis of composers at work. Proceedings of the International Computer Music Conference 2002, Gothenburg., International Computer Music Association, pp527-599.
University of Glasgow, Centre for Music Technology
- Boehm C, (2005) Music Technology in Higher Education, Tom Claes (ed.),The Idea of Education, Inter-Disciplinary Press, Vol. 12 (e-book), 2005, ISBN 1-904710-11-5.
- Hair G, O Venezia (2005) (4 women's voices and harp) Southern Voices, Canberra.
- Boehm C, Bailey N, et al, (2002) OPENDRAMA - Networking Opera" in: Proceedings of the International Computer Music Conference, ICMA, Sweden, ISBN 91-89262-04-2.
- Bailey N, (2001) Why Free Software Happens: A Survey of Motivation in the Open Software Community, in: Carola Boehm, David Garcia and Hubertien Schuter (eds.), CIRCUS 2001 - New Synergies in Digital Creativity. Proceedings of the Conference for Content Integrated Research in Creative User Systems. p. 182 - 193, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, ISBN 0 8 526 1746 1.
- Boehm C, MacLellan D, (2001) MuTaTeD'll A System for Music Information Retrieval of Encoded Music, Library and Information Commission Research Report 104 RE/101, 48 pages, London, Resource: The Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries, ISBN 1-902394-58-5, ISSN 1466-2949.
Queen Mary, University of London, Centre for Digital Music
- D. Reefman, J. D. Reiss, E. Janssen and M. B. Sandler (2005) Description of limit cycles in Sigma Delta Modulators Published: IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, Volume 52, Issue 6, p.1211 - 1223
- Mark D. Plumbley, Samer A. Abdallah, Juan P. Bello, Mike E. Davies, Giuliano Monti, and Mark B. Sandler (2002) Automatic Music Transcription and Audio Source Separation, Cybernetics and Systems, 33(6):603-627.
- Daudet L, Sandler M (2004) MDCT analysis of sinusoids: exact results and applications to coding artefacts reduction, IEEE Trans Speech and Audio Processing, Vol 12, No. 3 May 2004, pp 302- 312.
- Pickens, J., Bello, J.P., Crawford, T., Dovey, M., Monti, G., Sandler, M. and Byrd, D. (2003) Polyphonic Score Retrieval Using Polyphonic Audio Queries: A Harmonic Modelling Approach. Published: The Journal of New Music Research, 32(2).
- G. Monti & M. Sandler (2002) Automatic Polyphonic Piano Note Extraction using Fuzzy Logic in a Blackboard System, 5th International Workshop on Digital Audio Effects, DAFx 02, Hamburg.
- Mark D. Plumbley MD, Samer A. Abdallah, Bello JP, Davies ME, Monti G, and Sandler MB, (2002) Automatic Music Transcription and Audio Source Separation, Cybernetics and Systems, 33(6):603-627.
- Landone, C, M. Sandler MB (2000) Application of Binaural Processing to Surround Sound Reproduction in Large Spaces, IEEE ISCAS 2000, Geneva.
- Brossier P, Bello JP, Plumbley MD (2004) Real-time temporal segmentation of note objects in music signals, Proceedings of the International Computer Music Conference (ICMC 2004), Florida, USA
- Pickens, J., Bello, J.P., Crawford, T., Dovey, M., Monti, G., Sandler, M. and Byrd, D. (2003) Polyphonic Score Retrieval Using Polyphonic Audio Queries: A Harmonic Modelling Approach,The Journal of New Music Research, 32(2).
- Bello, J.P. Duxbury, C. Davies, M. & Sandler, M., (2004) On the use of phase and energy for musical onset detection in complex domain, IEEE Sig. Proc. Letters, Vol. 11, No. 6, June 2004, pp553-556
- Reiss JD & Sandler M (2003) Issues in Audio: Representations and File Formats for Music Digital Libraries, Special Session on Making Music Information Retrieval Evaluation Scenarios a Reality, 4th Annual International Conference on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR2003)
- Leslie B, Sandler M (2001) Packet Loss Resilient, Scalable Audio Compression and Streaming for IP Networks, 2nd International Conference on 3G Mobile Communication Technologies, pp 119-123.
- Duxbury C, Davies M and Sandler M (2002) Improved Time-Scaling of Musical Audio using Phase Locking of Transients, 112th Convention of the Audio Engineering Society, Munich
- Landone C, Sandler M (2001) Surround Sound Impact over Large Areas, 110th Convention of AES, Amsterdam.
- Brossier P, Sandler M and Plumbley M (2003) Matching Live Sources with Physical Models, In Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx-03)
University of Leeds
- Ng, K.C. (guest editor), Journal of New Music Research (JNMR) special issue on Multimedia Music and the World Wide Web, 34(2), ISSN: 0929-8215, Routledge, 2005.
- Ng, K.C., 3D Gesture Interface and Analysis for Performing Arts, First London 3D Imaging Technology Conference, London, UK, 2005.
- Ng, K.C., Optical Music Analysis for Printed Music Score and Music Handwritten Manuscript, in S. George (ed.), Visual Perception of Music Notation: On-line and Off-line Recognition, IRM Press, Idea Group Inc., ISBN: 1931777942, 2005.
- Ng, K.C., Music via Motion (MvM): Trans-Domain Mapping of Motion and Sound for Interactive Performances, in Gunnar Johannsen (ed.) Proceedings of the IEEE, Special Issue on: Engineering and Music - Supervisory Control & Auditory Communication, 92(4): 645 - 655, April 2004.
Goldsmiths' College, University of London, Centre for computation and culture
- Blackwell T.M. and Young M. Self-Organised Music. Organised Sound 9(2): 123-136, Cambridge University Press 2004.
- Blackwell T.M. and Jefferies J. Tech-tiles: Exploring Texture. Proceedings of Creativity and Cognition 2005, ACM Press, USA, 248-251
- Melo, A., Drever, J., Wiggins, G. Electronic Music Performance Interfaces that Learn from their Users. Proceedings of the International Computer Music Conference, 2005
Goldsmiths' College, Univerisity of London, Intelligent Sound and Music Systems group
- Casey, M. Acoustic lexemes for organizing internet audio. Contemporary Music Review, Volume 24, Number 6, pp. 489-508, December 2005
- Casey, M. and Crawford, T. Automatic Location and Measurement of Ornaments in Audio Recordings. Proceedings of the International Conference on Music Information Retrieval, Barcelona, October 2004.
- Pickens, J., Crawford, T., Wiggins, G. Dimensionality Reduction in Harmonic Modeling for Music Information Retrieval. Proceedings of the Conference on Computer Modelling and Music Retrieval, 2005
City University, Music informatics research group
- Weyde, T. (2004) Modeling Rhythmic Motif Structure with Fuzzy Logic and Machine Learning In Music Query: Methods, Models, and User Studies, vol. 13 of Computing in Musicology, CCARH and The MIT Press, Cambridge, Ma., pp. 35-50.
- Conklin, D (2003). Music generation from statistical models. in Proceedings of the AISB 2003 Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Creativity in the Arts and Sciences, Aberystwyth, Wales, 30-35.
- Weyde, T. and Wissmann, J. (2004) Dynamic Concept Maps for Music. In: Proceedings of the 1st Concept Mapping Conference 2004, Public University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.
- Weyde, T. (2004) On the Influence of Pitch on Melodic Segmentation. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Music Information Retrieval. Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barclona.
De Montfort University, Music, technology and innovation group
- Ayesh, A. & HUGILL, A. (2003) 'Evolutionary Form in a Network Composition: Preliminary Report', MAXIS2003: Proceedings, University of Leeds
- HUGILL, A. (2002) 'Symphony for Cornwall: an experimental composition' (for Contemporary Music Review, Harwood Academic Publishers)
- Hugill, A The Orchestra: A User's Manual', online resource http://www.mti.dmu.ac.uk/~ahugill/philharmonia/
- Graves, A., Hand, C. & HUGILL, A. (1999) 'MidiVisualiser: interactive music visualisation using VRML', Organised Sound Vol. 4 No. 1, Cambridge University Press
- Richards JR (2003) "Performance-controlled sound diffusion." Music and Gesture, University of East Anglia, August 2003.
- Richards J (2002) Electroacoustic work, Suite (2002)
- Richards J (2001) Electroacoustic work Four Studies for Double Bass
- Landy, L (2003) In Transit or Realising One's Aesthetic when the Technology Finally Catches Up". MAXIS Symposium 2003. Leeds: 79-84
- Landy.L "The ElectroAcoustic Resource Site (EARS): philosophy, foundation, aspirations", to be published in Organised Sound 9/1 (4/04).
University of Surrey, Institute of sound recording
- R.Mason, T.S.Brookes, F.Rumsey. (2002) The perceptual relevance of extant techniques for the objective measurement of spatial impression IOA Auditorium Acoustics 2002 Conference, London.
- B.Supper, T.Brookes & F.Rumsey. (2003) A new approach to detecting auditory onsets within a binaural stream. 114th Audio Engineering Society Convention, Preprint 5767, Amsterdam
- Mason, R. Microphone techniques for multichannel surround sound (1999) Proceedings of the 1999 AES UK conference, Audio: the second century, pp. 15-23.
- Rumsey F. (1998) Controlled Subjective Assessments of 2- to 5-Channel Surround Sound Processing Algorithms, AES 104th Convention, Preprint Number 4654.
- Zielinski S.K., Rumsey F., Bech S (2003) Comparison of quality degradation effects caused by limitation of bandwidth and by down-mix algorithms in consumer multichannel audio delivery systems, AES 114th Convention, Preprint 5802, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- T.Neher, F.Rumsey, T.Brookes (2002) Training of listeners for the evaluation of spatial sound reproduction, AES 112th Convention (preprint 5584), Munich.
- Rumsey F & Murphy D (2001) A Scalable Spatial Sound Rendering System, AES 110th Convention, Preprint Number: 5316.
- Berg J & Rumsey F (1999) Identification of Perceived Spatial Attributes of Recordings by Repertory Grid Technique and Other Methods, AES 106th Convention, Preprint Number 4924.
- Rumsey, F. (2002) Spatial quality evaluation for reproduced sound: Terminology, meaning and a scene-based paradigm, Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, vol. 50, no. 9, pp651-666.
- R.Mason, T.Brookes & F.Rumsey (2003) Creation and verification of a controlled experimental stimulus for investigating selected perceived spatial attributes,114th Audio Engineering Society Convention, Amsterdam.
- R.Mason & F.Rumsey (2000) An Assessment of the Spatial Performance of Virtual Home Theatre Algorithms by Subjective and Objective Methods, AES 108th Convention, preprint 5137
- R.Mason, T.Brookes & F.Rumsey (2005) Frequency dependency of the relationship between the perceived width and the interaural cross-correlation coefficient of time-invariant stimuli, J. Acoust. Soc. Amer., 117 (3), 1337-1350, May.
- Zielinski S.K., Rumsey F., Bech S., De Bruyn B., Kassier R (2003) Computer games and multichannel audio quality - the effect of division of attention between auditory and visual modalities, AES 24th International Conference on Multichannel Audio, Banff, Canada.
- F. Rumsey, S. Zieli?ski, R. Kassier & S. Bech. (2005) On the relative importance of spatial and timbral fidelities in judgements of degraded multichannel audio quality. J. Acoust. Soc. Amer., 118 (2), 968-976, August.
- F. Rumsey, S. Zieli?ski, R. Kassier & S. Bech. (2005) Relationships between experienced listener ratings of multichannel audio quality and na´ve listener preferences. J. Acoust. Soc. Amer., 117 (6), 3832-3840, June
Imperial College London, Department of Computing
- Doraisamy, S., Rueger, S (2002) A comparative and fault-tolerance study of the use of n-grams with polyphonic music. Proc of the 3rd Intl Conf on Music Information Retrieval, pp 101-106.
- Doraisamy, S., Rueger, S (2003) Robust polyphonic music retrieval with n-grams, Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, 21:1, 53-70.
- Doraisamy, S., Rueger, S (2004) A polyphonic retrieval system using n-grams. International Conference on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR, Barcelona, Spain, Oct 2004), pp 204-209.
- Doraisamy, S., Rueger, S (2003) Position indexing of Adjacent and Concurrent N-Grams for Polyphonic Music Retrieval. 4th International Conference on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR, Baltimore, MD, Oct 2003)
University of Huddersfield
- Bokowiec M, Wilson-Bokowiec J (2000) Lifting Bodies: Interactive dance - finding new methodologies in the motifs prompted by new technology - a critique and progress report with particular reference to the Bodycoder System, Organised Sound, Cambridge University Press
- Bokowiec M, Wilson-Bokowiec J (2004) Spiral Fiction, Organised Sound, 8 (3) Cambridge University Press
- Clarke M (2000) 'Extending Contacts: the Concept of Unity in Computer Music' Perspectives of New Music, 36.1
- Clarke M, Saunders J, Bowder J (2000) CALMA (Winner of European Academic Software Award, Rotterdam, 2000), University of Huddersfield
- Clarke M, Rodet X (IRCAM) (2003) Real-time FOF and FOG synthesis in MSP and its integration with PSOLA', ICMA/Proceedings of the International Computer Music Conference, Singapore.
University of York, Audio Lab, Department of Electronics group
- Tao Y, Tew AI, Porter, SJ (2003) The differential pressure synthesis method for efficient acoustic pressure estimation, Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, Vol. 51 (7/8), 647-656
- Mullen, J., Howard, D.M., and Murphy, D.T. (2003) Digital waveguide mesh modelling of the vocal tract acoustics, Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics, October 19-22, New Paltz, NY, 119-122
- Howard, D.M., Rimell, S., and Hunt, A.D. (2003) Force feedback gesture controlled physical modelling synthesis, Proceedings of the Conference on New Musical Instruments for Musical Expression, NIME-03, Montreal, pp95-98.
- Hunt, A.D., Paradis, M. & Wanderley, M. (2003) The importance of parameter mapping in electronic instrument design, Publication/Publisher: Journal of New Music Research, SWETS.
- Howard, D.M., and Tyrrell, A.M. (1997) Psychoacoustically informed spectrography and timbre, Organised Sound, 2, (2), 65-76, 1997.
- Howard, D.M. and Rimell, S. (2003) Real-time Gesture-controlled physical modelling music synthesis with tactile feedback, Publication Journal on Applied Signal Processing, EURASIP-JASP
- Howard, D.M., Szymanski, J.E., and Welch, G.F. (2002) Listeners' perception of English cathedral girl and boy choristers, Music Perception, 20, (1), pp35-49
- Hetherington CT, Tew AI and Tao Y (2003) Three-dimensional elliptic Fourier methods for the parameterization of human pinna shape, IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2003), Hong Kong, PprNo. V-612
- Welch, G.F., and Howard, D.M. (2002) Gendered voice in the Cathedral choir, Psychology of Music, 30, (1), 102-120, 2002.
- Howard, D.M. (1999) The human singing voice, Proceedings of the Royal Institution of Great Britain, 70, pp113-134
- Howard, D.M., and Welch, G.F. (2003) Real-time visual displays for singing training, Real-time visual displays for singing development, Journal of the Indian Musicological Society, 34, pp7-23.
- Murphy DT, Beeson M, (2003) Modelling Spatial Sound Occlusion and Diffraction Effects Using the Digital Waveguide Mesh, Proceedings of the AES 24th International Conference, Multichannel Audio The New Reality, pp. 207-216, Banff, Alberta, Canada
- Disley, A., and Howard, D.M. (2003)Timbral semantics and the pipe organ, Proceedings of the Stockholm Music Acoustics Conference, SMAC-03, Vol. 2, August 6-9, Stockholm, pp607-610
Queen Mary University of London, Interaction, media and communication research group
- Bryan-Kinns, N. J., Healey, P., Thirlwell, M., & Leach, J. (2003) Designing for Group Creativity, In Supplementary Proceedings of HCI International 2003.
- Bryan-Kinns, N. J., Healey, P., & Thirlwell, M., (2003) Gudar - A Novel Group Music Instrument, In Supplementary Proceedings of INTERACT 2003.
- Bryan-Kinns, N. J., Healey, P., & Thirlwell, M., (2003) Graphical Representation for Musical Improvisation, In Proc. of 2nd Int'l Workshop on Interactive Graphical Communication 2003.
University of East Anglia, Music
- Waters S (2003) Thinking the unheard: Hybrid thought in musical practice Monks, J. and Gullstr÷m-Hughes, R (eds) Hybrid Thought (Open University)
- Waters S (2000) The musical process in the age of digital intervention, ARiADATexts vol 1 (www.ariada.uea.ac.uk)
- Waters S (2000) Beyond the acousmatic: Hybrid tendencies in electroacoustic music, Emmerson, S (ed) Music, Electronic Media and Culture (Aldershot, Ashgate)
University of York, Department of Music
- Field AE (1999) Expanse Hotel, composition for surround sound, 1st prize for Programme Music, Bourge International Electroacoustic Competition, 1999. Mnemosyne Media CD LDC 278 072/73 .
- Modler P, Myatt A (2003) A Video System for Recognizing Gestures by Artificial Neural Networks for Expressive Musical Control, Lecture Notes on Computer Science, Springer Verlag.
- Malham DG (1999) Higher order Ambisonic systems for the spatialisation of sound, International Computer Music Conference, Beijing.
- Myatt A (2002) Strategies for interaction in construction 3, Organised Sound, 7(3), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- Paradis. M, Hunt. A, Wanderley.M.M, (2002) The importance of parameter mapping in electronic instrument design, Proceedings of NIME, Dublin, Ireland.
- Malham D. (2003) Cutting the cord - In-circuit programmable microprocessors and RF data links free the performer from cables, Proceedings International Computer Music Conference, Singapore, pp.57-64.
- Lennox P, Myatt A (1999) From Surround Sound to True 3D, Proceedings of Audio Engineering Society 16th International Conference, AES, Rovanearme, Finland.
- Malham DG. (2001) Towards Reality Equivalence in Spatial Sound Diffusion, Computer Music Journal, Volume 25, No. 4, MIT Press, Cambridge MA, US.
- Malham DG, Myatt A (1995) 3-D Sound Spatialization using Ambisonic Techniques. Computer Music Journal, 19;4, MIT Press, Cambridge MA, US, pp 58-70.
- Myatt, A (2004) The Frozen Voice, installation commissioned by Festival Voce Versa, Tagger Foundation, Vigevano Italy. First performance, Vigevano, Italy.
- Myatt, A (2005) Lizard Solitude, sound installation to accompany paintings by Barrie Cook, Royal Cornwall Galleries, Truro, 29th April - 7th July 2005.
- Myatt, A (2005) g-no-b composition for live computer interaction, Rymer Auditorium, Music Research Centre, York.
- Paradis. M, Hunt. A, Wanderley.M.M, The importance of parameter mapping in electronic instrument design. Proceedings of NIME 2002
- Paradis M, Hunt. A, Wanderley.M.M, The importance of parameter mapping in electronic instrument design. Journal Of New Music Research.Vol 32/4 December 2003
- Field A, (2003) One hell of a place to lose a cow, composition in surround sound, LA convention centre
- Field AE, (2002) One hell of a place to lose a cow, composition for surround sound, 1st prize in Open Music category, Bourge International Electroacoustic Competition, 2002.
- Field AE, Dolby Surround EX (2003) Industry demonstration (to launch the Dolby Surround EX standard to film producers and music industry producers), Dolby commissioned demonstration material, LA Convention Centre, US.
Queen's University Belfast, Sonic Arts Research Centre
- Gunther, E. and O'Modhrain, S. (2003). Cutaneous Grooves: Composing for the Sense of Touch, Journal of New Music Research Vol. 32 pp. 369-381
- Rebelo, P. (2003) Performing Space. Organised Sound Vol. 8 no. 2. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 181-186
- Avanzini, F. and van Walstijn, M. (2004) Modelling the mechanical response of the reed-mouthpiece-lip system of a clarinet. Part I. a one-dimensional distributed model. Acta Acustica united with Acustica, 90:53--547.
- Yu, W., Kuber, R. Murphy, E. Strain, P. and McAllister, G. (2005) A novel multimodal interface for improving visually impaired people's web accessibility, Virtual Reality Springer-Verlag
[Top] [UK Research Groups]